There are many things we cannot control in life (pause for 20 seconds if you want to think of some examples!).
But what about the things we can control? What should we do about those…?
Here’s my top 3 list of things you should be regularly watching the dials:
- Consistent Action
- Your Network of Influencers
Mindset: Make sure you regularly (as in a 30 minute daily dose – minimum) of encouraging & upbuilding wisdom from others who have learned how important it is to develop your mind and mature in attitudes. Haven’t got time? Ditch your TV. Listen to Anthony Robbins on your iPod instead of music whilst you exercise. Get up 30 minutes earlier, or go to bed 30 minutes earlier. Do whatever it takes to make the difference in your thinking.
Consistent Action: This is the single-most biggest secret of success that any successful entrepreneur has mastered. Most people fail in life and in business because they haven’t got a DMO (Daily Method of Operation) that works – or even exists at all.
Your Network of Influencers:If you’ve been around for a while, you will know the saying that your income is the average of the 5 closest people to you. Not only is your income influenced, but also the way you think, what you believe and the habits that you form. So watch carefully who those people are, and make some tough choices in your life. It’s your responsibility, noone elses.
Now, as I said earlier, there are many things in life that you can’t control (like exploding volcanoes affecting flight paths, for example), but the above 3 are my top 3 controllables that you should be regularly watching the dials for.
If you do, you’re much likely to fly in the direction you want to go. The alternative is a crash landing – and that’s not a pretty experience for you, or others. So if you are struggling in your business, do a quick spot-check of the above ‘dials’ and make your course corrections.
Lastly, the best way to steer the course of your life is to daily check your dials. Remember: most of the time, you will start to drift off-course (think: cross-winds ie, adversity)…so you must trim your controllables.
Wishing you every success,
I’ve been actively doing Internet Marketing in several niches since January 2009, and more recently am in the planning stages of my own products and membership sites development. Depending on when you read this article and your views, that might be a short, or a relatively long time. As a teacher with 15 years experience, I strongly believe in passing on what I learn – apart from helping others, it also helps gel my own understanding (it’s the best way to learn many would suggest!).
I’ve found that the best time to begin teaching what I’ve learned is immediately after I’ve mastered it – the major advantage is that I can connect with my learners’ minds in a much more understanding way. So I’m much more likely to know what the struggles, pitfalls and stresses of my students are. In the ever-changing rules of what makes for effective and successful internet marketing, I’m able to pass on ideas that work today.
- Over the next few months, I’m running a free, 7-part mini-course called Internet Marketing101 (IM101).
- If you’re new to internet marketing, or you’re struggling to get to grips with some of the less straightforward aspects of running effective pay-per-click campaigns, then you should definitely consider doing this course.
- Or, if you’re more experienced and you want to know more about how to do market research for your particular niche without having to spend huge amounts on specialized software tools, then IM101 has something to offer you too. Sign up below & be the first to get the inside scoop.
Yes Please! Send me details of how to get access to Internet Marketing101
In the mini-course, you’ll find out:
- how to set up Google Adwords, Yahoo & Microsoft Paid Search
- how to decide between using PPC & PPV
- why long-tail Keyword research can save you thousands of dollars
- how to set up an affiliate account
- 18 ways you can tailor your advertising campaigns
- what’s the best free resource you can use for generating long-tail keywords (hint: it’s not Google!)
- about a simple trick to use Amazon to help pay for your Google Adwords campaigns (and I know no-one else is doing this!)
- how to use Twitter, Facebook & Youtube properly (and find out how I nearly got it all horribly wrong!)
- why you should invest more in your own personal development much more than in your technical skills
- where to find the best outsourcing
- My rolodex of key free & paid resources that I use in my internet marketing
The content will be delivered via email over a period of a few weeks as time allows – I’ve got a business to run!
But I want to make the mini-course something that you can tap into anytime, and it will contain video how-to’s and more, which will be your’s to download & keep/pass on to others as you see fit. The only thing you won’t be able to do is sell it to anyone else, as I’m making it free of charge.
Why am I willing to do this?
The simple answer is obvious to anyone who’s been around in the internet marketing world for a while: if you benefit/like from what I have to offer, you might be interested in my main business, or recommend me to your friends/business associates – and that’s what networking is all about 🙂
I could charge for the mini-course, but to be honest, I’d rather offer something for free, and get lots of feedback from my users, which is worth way more than a few thousand dollars. If the course is very successful, I might make into a paid course down the line.
Fill in the form below & I’ll email you the first session:
If you want to know more about the business I run, click on the image below & signup on the next page.