If you’ve followed my progress on YouTube last year, you will be aware that I did a 90 day video series on internet marketing.
At the start of this new decade, I’m announcing a new challenge I’m setting myself:
Complete one hundred articles (using Ezine Articles) in one hundred days.
Easy? Perhaps for some, but consider my circumstances:
- Family: lovely wife & 3 lovely children
- Work: Nearly full time Physics Teacher
- Two Businesses: Several clients for my web development business, very active online marketer for one of the top direct internet marketing education companies, and I provide marketing services for businesses in my locality
Obviously I don’t try and work all these at the same.
But I’ve had to give up a lot of things to be able to work the above in harmony.
Here’s how extreme it is:
- I don’t have a TV
- I rarely keep up with the news
- I only check emails once/day, if that (maybe that’s a luxury!)
- My only hobbies are photography and driving a car
If that sounds hard, yes, sometimes it is. But I have a rock solid vision for my family and our future.
True success always requires consistent discipline and hard work. There are no real short cuts.
So, writing one hundred articles in a hundred days isn’t going to be easy. I will have to sacrifice some sleep.
But I know the benefits to my online business will be huge. And that feeds into my vision like nobody’s business.
So, why not star the year with a S.M.A.R.T. goal which will propel your life, (and your business if you have one) to a completely new level?
Oh, by the way: here’s another added spin-off when you set such challenges:
IT BECOMES MUCH, MUCH EASIER TO TAKE ON SUBSEQUENT CHALLENGES IN THE FUTURE.
I make no apologies for shouting this. I just want the message to be loud and clear.
Happy New Year, Happy New Decade. Make this *the* year that makes a positive difference to you, to those who you care about, and to those who aren’t in such a privileged position as yourself, whatever and wherever that may be.