Frank Kern on How to Succeed Online
Notes from Frank Kern’s Story of Success
- There is no magic bullet (you already knew that, I know!)
- Don’t think for a minute that the internet lifestyle is gained easily. You have to be prepared to fail LOTS. 98% of the time in fact.
- Most people DON’T succeed because they’re not prepared to get up again after the first blow.
- Don’t MESS AROUND. Too many people do this – they call it their online education, but what they REALLY mean is that they’re too scared to commit to following through on something because they don’t want it NOT to work. And in reality, most times it’s true that whatever it is they’ve thought of doing WONT WORK.
- Spend 99% of your time IMPLEMENTING STUFF. Fail Forward FastTM Not Really. Learn from your mistakes as RAPIDLY as POSSIBLE.
- This does not mean that you spent a Gazillion dollars on buying training, tools and designing websites and not get around to selling stuff, but the very opposite of that. Sell stuff online – Period. If you do buy stuff, make sure you are going to USE IT.
- How do you know what to sell??. Use Clickbank as your research tool. Find out what’s HOT in whatever niche takes your fancy. See how many sales the product has made (you can sort via “Gravity” on Clickbank to show you this), and how many affiliates have promoted it, how much per sale and so on.
- You can reverse engineer what a business is doing in this manner. Then, once you have this information, GO MAKE A BETTER PRODUCT and sell it. Use Adwords to drive some initial traffic, build a list, provide value to that list & sell products pertinent to that list and deliver on your promises.
- Be legal & compliant. It’s OK to make mistakes as long as you’re not stupid like Frank was and lose everything because you didn’t bother with being compliant.
- Don’t complicate stuff. Once you have a training, product or service that you know is HOT, go find some more places on the InterWebsTM Kern Said it First to sell it. Rinse and repeat.
- Work at it. Keep going.
- Eventually, if you aren’t a wuss and you don’t give up, you’ll have success online (how ever you determine that to be – usually means you don’t have to take orders from a boss anymore).
- Lastly, be aware that although you will have time freedom, if you get really good at all the above, you’ll enjoy it so much, half your brain will be in permanent work mode, and you won’t mind. (TIP: make sure those dear to you aren’t sacrificed on the alter of your success. Otherwise you really have got it wrong & should consider your motives carefully LONG before you get to that stage. Always begin with the end in mind [my tip]).
Material Connection Disclosure: You should assume that the author of this article has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to any 3rd party providers of goods and services mentioned on this page and may be compensated when you purchase from a provider. You should always perform due diligence before buying goods or services from anyone via the internet or offline. Remember: most people who buy products, software or training online make ZERO from their investment because they don’t do anything with what they’ve learned. This is a great shame. One of the reasons is that it’s all too easy to think that because it’s the internet, you won’t have to do any work and you can just scale & automate easily. In reality, it requires consistent, focused effort over time until you gain mastery – like any other worthwhile activity in life. The BIG difference is that once you *have* mastered the skills and systems, you CAN scale up – but it takes time, effort and dedication. If you don’t think you have what it takes, do something else instead and stop chasing gold at the end of rainbows.